This is the official Sleepy Hollow Prayer, yeah I was bored.
Our father who art in Sleepy Hollow
Hallowed be thy name
Thy decapitation will come
on earth as it is in the tree of the death
give us our daily need of Ichabod Crane
and forgive us our squeamishness
as we forgive those who always faints
Save us from the Headless Horseman
And deliver us from torture
For Ichabod Crane, Katrina van Tassel, Young Masbath now and forever
I wake up on a pile of leaves. I decide to find out where I am. So, I start walking on the path that appears out of nowhere, and as i do, Ichabod Crane runs towards me! I ask him what the problem is and hi says, "Please, you have to help me! My friends were all beheaded by the headless horseman! He is coming for us next, we have to hide!" Just as I start to lead him back where I came from, the path disappears, leaving us completely helpless! Then, the headless horseman decapitates Ichabod and turns to come after ME!!!! I duck in time to evade his bloody sword. Just as he's about to...
- Johnny Depp reportedly based his portrayal of Ichabod Crane on Withnail, from Withnail and I (1987), as played by Richard E. Grant.
- The scene where Ichabod Crane crosses the covered bridge and hears the frogs underneath croaking "Ichabod" and "Headless Horseman" is a tribute to Disney's 1949 animated version of "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" in which Ichabod Crane, crossing a bridge, hears the frogs croaking the same words. Director Tim Burton, a former Disney animator, has cited the Disney version of the tale as his main inspiration for the look and style...
"I always thought Roddy [McDowall] had such an interesting gift, just great presence, great delivery. He was an interesting actor, one of those guys who was very individual. Angela Lansbury was a great inspiration. I loved how she was in Death on The Nile. I found her fascinating. These two were the most inspirational characters. Maybe a little bit of Basil Rathbone, but a lot more girlie."
The Guardian, Dec. 17, 1999
2000 ACADEMY AWARDS (OSCAR):
- Best Art Direction - Set Decoration: Rick Heinrichs, Peter Young (Won)
- Best Cinematography: Emmanuel Lubezki (Nominated)
- Best Costume Design: Colleen Atwood (Nominated)
2000 ACADEMY OF SCIENCE FICTION, FANTASY & HORROR FILMS:
- Saturn Award, Best Actress: Christina Ricci (Won)
- Saturn Award, Best Music: Danny Elfman (Won)
- Saturn Award, Best Actor: Johnny Depp (Nominated)
Katrina Anne Van Tassel: Will you take nothing from Sleepy Hollow that was worth the coming here?
Ichabod Crane: No. No, not nothing.
Ichabod Crane: A kiss, from a lovely young woman, before she saw my face or knew my name.
Katrina Anne Van Tassel: Yes, without sense or reason.
Ichabod Crane: You believe the father killed her?
Samuel Philipse: The Horseman killed her.
Sleepy Hollow is a 1999 period horror film directed by Tim Burton, interpreting the legend of The Headless Horseman and based loosely around the Washington Irving story The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. The third film collaboration between Johnny Depp and Burton, the film also features Christina Ricci, Michael Gambon, Miranda Richardson, Casper Van Dien, Jeffrey Jones, Ian McDiarmid, Michael Gough, Richard Griffiths and Christopher Walken. The story centers on police constable Ichabod Crane sent from New York City to investigate a series of murders in the village Sleepy Hollow by a mysterious...
The story is set circa 1790 in the Dutch settlement of Tarry Town, New York, in a secluded glen called Sleepy Hollow. It tells the story of Ichabod Crane, a lanky schoolmaster from Connecticut, who competes with Abraham "Brom Bones" Van Brunt, the town rowdy, for the hand of 18-year-old Katrina Van Tassel, only daughter of a wealthy farmer. As Crane leaves a party at the Van Tassel home on an autumn night, he is pursued by the Headless Horseman, supposedly the ghost of a Hessian trooper who lost his head to a cannonball during "some nameless battle" of the American Revolutionary War, and who...