The Hunger Games Listening Device in Katniss's ear - Would explain a lot!

bhause posted on Jun 09, 2011 at 03:13AM
I think the original plot had a listening device planted in Katniss ear.

Let's look at the facts.

Fact 1: She injured her ear in the first hunger games and believed the injury to be permanent.

Fact 2: Snow's doctors fixed her ear.

Fact 3: It's been established that the Capital technology would be able to put a listening device in Katniss ear.

Fact 4: Snow knew about Katniss's and Gale's kiss - Because of the lisening device.

Fact 5: Why did the Capitol just happen to attack when Katniss was visiting the hospital? Because they knew she was there due to the listneing device.

Fact 6: There was foreshadowing about the listening device - The Jabber Jay story mentioned twice about how the Jabberjay's would memorize what the rebels were saying and repeat it back to the Capitol in the first war. Then the rebels discovered this and used it to feed false information to the capitol. This was the original plot idea - that the rebels would discover the listening device and feed false information to the capitol. For some reason Collins decided to abandon this plot and made up a new one at the last minute that just ignored all the foreshadowing and plot hints. I'm guessing she decided this would be an easy spoiler that could ruin the book or that too many test readers guessed there was a listening device.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT THERE WAS A BUG IN KATNISS'S EAR?

The Hunger Games 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Arissa1422 said…
um.. i do not think there was a listening device. Lol. Fact 6 is a little... i don't know how to put it.. i guess it's just way out there, like crazy lol, and that probably did not happen.
over a year ago jenn17 said…
I never thought about it but you make a good point. Maybe you're right or all of that is a coincidence