Twilight Series Anyone starting to hate bella yet ?

the_queen posted on Jul 19, 2008 at 12:27PM
OKAY, soo since eclipse ive kinda started to dislike bella as a character. Im not on any side, jacob or edwards either one she ends up with is fine....BUT sometimes i think she should end up with neither of them, she doesnt deserve them. Yes the love triangle is very complicated but edward loves her wether she wants to be with him or not, jacob loves her aswell but shes the one person that's going to hurt all 3 of them, it might not be her fault...well actually it is!

anyway...anyone wants to share thoughts ?

Twilight Series 18 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago alycarp said…
chyeahh. bella's really annoying. sometimes when I'm reading I'm like "God! shut the hell up, Bella!" yeah. somebody jus needs to smack her
over a year ago the_queen said…
haha i agree.
over a year ago nicole-twilight said…
not hate.. but i sometime be like wtf no bella!!
lol!!
over a year ago HisTypeOfHeroin said…
I get more annoyed with what she has done to hurt Edward. I mean if my boyfriend spent the whole night crying over another girl I would be like WTF. But he just took it because he loved her so much. I don't know too many people that would have been strong enough to handle that.
over a year ago iluvlife14 said…
no i dont think its her fault
but really i dont think its anyones fault
because edward tried to not fall in lvoe with her and it didnt work and bella fell for him...hard, and with edward leaving and almost thinking "its liek he never was there" would break any girls heart...jacob, yes, he like her, but jacob doesnt know edward in detail, so he thought that he would be perfect for bella and he did heal her..but first love never dies and neither does edward, so really its no ones fault...
over a year ago fanpire101 said…
no, i dont hate bella, never will, she's the main character in the book and also one of my favs. tho everyone does annoying and stupid things, including her but that doesnt mean its her fault and that u should hate her. i honestly cant understand y anyone who read the same twilight books i did could really hate bella, not the way stephenie has portrade her, srry
over a year ago timbitzk said…
I have to agree with fanpire. Although there are definitely moments where I'm very annoyed with her and dislike her or her decisions, you can't really hate the main character/ the person who's telling the story. It's her story to tell, so you can hate the decisions she's made or the consequences because of those choices, but you can't hate her for something that's kind of already happened (seeing as the books are written in the past tense, not the present).
That being said, no, I don't hate Bella, but I can kinda see where you're coming from.
over a year ago buffyfan said…
I never feel like I should be mad at her for any reason. I don't think she ever does stuff wrong, because although she is a bit stupid with some decisions (e.g. she thinks abot picking Jacob, and dosen't pick Edward straight away), she is still a nice person overall, and I don't think she's that bad, or annoying.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago edward123 said…
I honestly agree. She takes advantage of every situation. She can be so obnoxious. I loved her character in Twilight, because she was so naive and innocent. It was great. But now, she thinks she can do whatever she wants because she has two hot guys at her feet. Ah, whatever.
thanks for your comments guys, it does change my opinion when it comes to her, but edward123 i agree she can be obnoxious.
over a year ago Dangergirrl said…
yes, there are times I would like to smak her down and say WTH is your problem!
over a year ago maddikins said…
Hmm well sometimes I think she's needs someone to put her in her place. She still a good character. But no, I don't HATE her.
But I see what you guys are saying.
over a year ago wild-child11 said…
she should b soo happy she has a fit bf who loves her and wants 2 b with her 4 ever (litterally)!
screw jake!
although i dnt h8 her i jus sometimes reli want 2 smack her!
shes 2 fickle!
edward 4eva
over a year ago The_Fanpire said…
Bella made a ton of mistakes in Eclipse. She had a LOT to figure out when it comes to the monsters (lol) in her life. She did drive me nuts with the back and forth thing, yet understandably. (She's a teenage girl, right?) I know we would all like to say how much better we would have handled this, and maybe that s true, maybe not. But who are we to juge her having never been in such a unique, difficult situation? By the end of Eclipse, she is resolved and finally figures things out. It must be tough for her, being surrounded by amazing people who, at this time, she honestly cannot rival. I think she is very brave to have done what she has, and in BD we will notice a definite maturity in Bella.
last edited over a year ago
i see what your saying and yes she is a teenage girl lol. But at the end of eclipse she still does have feelings for jacob, she still misses jacob and wants to make sure hes safe. Also with the possibility of his return in breaking dawn i think that maybe the whole situation will turn around.
over a year ago bellablack46 said…
I agree with nicole, when reading Eclipse I was like wtf are you doing Bella! I'm not sure she deserves Edward. He would die before doind that to her, and btw has she forgotten he can READ MINDS!
over a year ago The_Fanpire said…
the_queen...
YES! Of course she still cares for Jacob! Just because she has FINALLY resolved to commit to Edward and Edward alone doesn't mean her care for Jacob flew out the window. But at the end of Eclipse, she makes it VERY clear that she won't choose Jacob over Edward. Stephenie Meyer isn't going to start this whole cycle over again, she will have fresh, new things happening.
over a year ago burnedivory said…
I am reading the series now for the fourth time in maybe 2 months and im finally very upset with Bella... But I think that is because of how the books are written like we get to be bella and have these two wonderful guys love us.. You know what I mean? and so when she does things that we wouldn't do or that seem stupid relative to what happens it gets very very frustrating.