Percy Jackson and the Olympians Champion of Olympus

deathberry1 posted on Sep 22, 2011 at 11:58PM
This is an alternate universe for PJO, Percy Jackson is the son of Poseidon and the hero of the great prophecy, but Percy is much more than he seems.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago deathberry1 said…
Chapter 1: The Plan

AN: This is an AU that takes pieces from all the books to create a new story centered around Percy Jackson son of Poseidon who happens to be much more than he seems.

Athena's POV

Flashback – Five years ago

I have to give my father credit for one thing he's predictable. I was surprised that he kept the oath as long as he did, but it did not surprise me that he was the first one to break it. I looked down into the pool of water in my temple on Mount Olympus at the scene unfolding on the Earth below. A woman her name is Scarlet Grace just gave birth to a little girl who just happens to be the daughter of my father Zeus, king of the Olympian gods. Unfortunately for this small child her life will be short and violent as foretold by the oracle. I knew this child would not be the one to fulfill the great prophecy, but I swear the next child born of the big three would, but I had a plan to make sure that the next child would be born on our terms.

End of Flashback

I stood before the elder Olympian gods (Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, and Hestia) in the throne room on Mount Olympus.

"My dearest daughter why have you called us here today?" Zeus asked. I looked into his eyes and I could see his uneasiness, my glare could always do that even to the king of the gods.

"I have a plan to help us make sure that the great prophecy unfolds in such a way that we will be assured that the hero of the prophecy makes the correct choice." I said.

Zeus looked at me warily. "What kind of plan?" Zeus asked.

"Poseidon has won the heart of a mortal woman, but he has not yet consummated their relationship." I said as she gave Poseidon a devious smirk.

"Have you been spying on me Athena?" Poseidon accused. I gave him the death glare, but for once he didn't back down. He really cares for this mortal.

"I have and it appears just in time to keep you from breaking your vow." Athena said.

"I think the oath has already been broken by my little brother here." Poseidon spat. How did he know about Thalia?

"How did you know?" Zeus asked suspiciously.

"I told him husband, I thought he should know about your treachery." Hera spat with venom. I couldn't really blame her, Zeus cheated on her again that's why I'll stay an eternal maiden.

Zeus avoided Hera's glare and looked at his brother Poseidon. "Yes, I made a mistake and this child will pay the price unfortunately." Zeus said. Poseidon looked at him curiously.

"What price brother?" Poseidon said.

"The oracle says that she will die before she can reach the age foretold in the great prophecy." Zeus said sadly. Poseidon looked at his brother and for once I could see sadness and sympathy in eyes as he looked at my father.

"I'm sorry brother, you broke the oath and you're right she doesn't deserve to pay the price." Poseidon stated. Zeus looked at his brother and I could see an understanding pass between them. My father cleared his throat then he looked at me once again.

"Athena, what is your plan?" Zeus asked sternly.

"I have uncovered an ancient spell from the great archives left to us by Gaea. It is a spell that was used by Chaos to instill the powers within Gaea before she distributed them to her children and grandchildren. This spell will allow one elder Olympian to contain all the powers of the other elders for one night." I said. Everyone looked at me curiously.

"What does that have to with the great prophecy or my relationship with Sally Jackson?" Poseidon stated. I looked at my eternal rival, but this time I also looked at him as my uncle as well.

"I can cast the spell on you that will allow you for one night to have all of the powers of your brothers and sisters." I said. Everyone looked at me in complete shock.

"Why would we allow that?" Zeus asked in disbelief.

"So as in keeping with the great prophecy this child would truly be a child of the elder gods. Don't you see the prophecy would allow us to create the most powerful demigod of all, he would most certainly be better prepared to fulfill the prophecy." I defended.

"How would we know that we could trust him or her and that he or she wouldn't make the wrong decision and betray us?" Zeus asked as Hera and the others nodded in agreement.

"We would raise him or her on Olympus and as a child of Poseidon he or she would have his or her father's fatal flaw, loyalty." I asserted. Everyone started to whisper to each other until my father had enough.

"Quiet" Zeus yelled. "Wouldn't he also have our fatal flaws as well?"

"No, the powers of the elder gods would be in Poseidon, but he would still be the father, your powers would just be added to his. The fatal flaws would not be transferred as well. We would raise him on Olympus and the elder gods and myself would train him. We would have to keep him a secret from the other Olympians. We wouldn't want word of his existence to get out to our enemies." I said.

"An interesting plan Athena." Hera said. I bowed to my stepmother.

"It is a good plan, but Poseidon this is up to you." Zeus said. Poseidon looked at his brother and I swear I could almost see an unspoken discussion between the two.

"This child will have a rough time of it and as the prophecy says he or she will not survive." Poseidon said.

"I understand, so your answer is no." Zeus said.

"No, I didn't say that. Athena, I will accept this plan of yours on one condition." Poseidon said. I looked at my old rival warily.

"What condition uncle?" I asked.

"I want you to give this child your blessing. He or she will have powers from all of us, but I think in the end wisdom will be the one thing he or she needs above all else." Poseidon said.

I looked at my uncle and smiled. A smart condition I never knew kelp head had it in him. "I agree to this condition." I said.

"Then this plan is in action depending on what our brother says." Zeus said.

"You called brother." A voice said from behind me. I turned to see Hades standing behind me dressed in black with his glowing red eyes.

"My dear, tell him your plan." Zeus said. I proceeded to tell Hades of Thalia's existence and the prophecy that foretold her death. I told him about the Chaos spell and how I planned to use it. He wasn't happy about his brother's betrayal and less happy about giving his power to Poseidon for one night, but in the end he relented.

"Brother, the Styx has a way of punishing you for betrayal, I hope you're happy that the punishment rests with your daughter." Hades said in disgust.

"I'm not happy about it brother, but we have the opportunity with this plan to stop the great prophecy and then we can lift the oath." Zeus said sadly. Hades looked at his brother curiously and then he looked at Poseidon.

"Do you love this mortal?" Hades asked. Poseidon looked at Hades solemnly.

"I do brother, but I did not plan to break my oath by having a child with her. I do not wish for this child to be cursed either." Poseidon said. Hades regarded his brothers and then looked toward me.

"Niece, I will participate in your plan, for everyone's sake I hope it works." Hades said.

"When will you initiate this plan?" Zeus asked. I looked toward Poseidon.

"Uncle, I believe that you plan to see this mortal woman tonight?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Yes, I planned on visiting her after this meeting." Poseidon said. I smiled and I saw the other gods in the room smile as well.

"Then tonight is the night." I said. Everyone smiled, but Poseidon looked worried.

"Tonight?" Poseidon yelled.

"Yes uncle, I know the ancient spell and we have everyone in the room, so tonight would be perfect." I stated logically. Poseidon nodded in agreement with a look of defeat on his face. I would have been happy to best my rival, but I didn't, I felt a little sad for him. "Poseidon stand in the center of the throne room and the rest of the elder gods stand around your brother in a tight circle." Poseidon walked and stood in the center of the throne room. The other gods stood in a tight circle around their brother, I had all of them hold hands as I began to chant the ancient spell that I found in the temple of Gaea. The elder gods began to glow and their power combined into a large golden cloud that floated over Poseidon's head. I watched as Poseidon looked at the cloud in awe and anticipation. The cloud slowly descended and engulfed my uncle. He began to glow his eyes pulsed with the power within him. Once the cloud receded Poseidon stood as his brothers and sister stood around him. I could tell that they were weakened considerably, but Poseidon made no move to hurt them. He wasn't power hungry like my father nor was he one to hold grudges like Hades. Poseidon was loyal to his family and that definitely showed. I hated to admit this but I admired him for his loyalty. Poseidon walked over to me and looked me in the eyes. They pulsed with power and when he spoke I could feel the strength of his siblings within him.

"I will fulfill your plan Athena make sure you uphold my condition." Poseidon warned. Usually he didn't intimidate me, but standing there in front of me with the powers of the elder gods I was downright scared.

"I will." I said meekly. He nodded and then disappeared into a sea green mist. I walked over to my father and placed my hand on his shoulder. His usual electric blue eyes looked weak and dull, so I helped him to the viewing pool as the others slowly approached. We watched as Poseidon entered the home of Sally Jackson to consummate their relationship and to sire the champion of Olympus.
over a year ago TheCrooked1 said…
great start! post soon!
check out my other story link
over a year ago puggyluv17 said…
That was really good
if i have for more comment i will update again
over a year ago MisterPerfect1 said…
LOVED IT AS USUAL!
i changed the club for this story because there will be the romans demigod in the story later so here is the new link link
over a year ago PrinceAthem said…
smile
Awesome!!!
over a year ago bukluvr17 said…
mischievous
i know im a lil late but this is really cool