Reasons Why Spock and Damon Salvatore Could Be Brothers:
1. Besides being from two completely different shows, Spock is from a whole other world than Damon Salvatore. Spock comes from the planet Vulcan, while Damon, once human, comes from, well, Earth. Being that neither are human but spend the majority of their time with humans, this detail is a contributing factor to their personalities. Both Spock and Damon are no longer living in the world they once knew. They are both outsiders to the earth’s inhabitants. Everything they do in life, is to further themselves along, whether their intentions are harmful or not. When you’re stranded on Earth, you gotta do what you gotta do to survive.
2. While Damon was once a full blown, people eating, malicious vampire, he has toned down that side of himself. He is now living from his human side, or his original mind. He is allowing himself to have feelings again, like he once had when he was alive. Though every once in a while, he will shut off his emotions so he can eat a person. Spock, too, has chosen to live life through his Vulcan-ness. Being half-human, half-Vulcan, he is also able to shut off his emotions. Every now and then, however, he catches himself committing the ultimate Vulcan sin: feeling.
3. They are alone in the world. When the Romulans destroyed Vulcan, Spock was only able to save a handful of Vulcans, including his father. The rest of his family died on the planet. His father, being Vulcan, doesn’t have emotions, so you can only imagine how hard it is for him to feel with his dad. Damon, on the same page, has lost everyone that he has cared about. He is left with his brother, who he is eternally feuding with. While they are both left with someone that they could care about, and who could care for them back, essentially, they are alone.
4. They are smart. Whether it’s killing a 500-year-old vengeful vampire or fighting the Romulans that destroyed his home planet, Spock and Damon know what’s up. They always have a plan B in their back pockets if their brilliant plan A fails. Either way, they come out on top. Always.
5. Awesomeness. Damon will deliberately tear to shreds any human or vampire that wrongs him, Spock will take care of things in a more subtle way. With his magic Vulcan touch, he can take anyone out within seconds. While their approaches may be different, it doesn’t counter the BA-ness happening.
6. Want to know what they’re thinking? Watch their eyebrows.
7. While neither Spock nor Damon has ever met J.J. Abrams, both Zachary Quinto and Ian Somerhalder have. Quinto worked with the megamind on the Star Trek movie released in 2009 and Somerhalder was the first cast on Abrams’ massive television phenomenon, Lost, in 2004. I have a feeling that the awesomeness was transferred from Abrams to both Quinto and Somerhalder.