Huddy "The Choice" and Beyond: All Things Huddy Discussion Thread

HuddyJoy0524 posted on May 03, 2010 at 11:43PM
So...I still dont really like that title...but it will have to do i guess lol.

We were really starting to pile on the posts back at the lovely Huddy Limbo and i figured it would be a good idea to start over for the last 3 episodes of the season. I have a strong feeling that there is going to be a LOT to discuss and a clean slate will allow us to continue speculating away! :D

So bring on the Huddy!!! And if you have any vodka or brownies make sure to bring them too they go good together and with Huddy ;)

Huddy 475 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 475

over a year ago playingcold said…
Now, that I wrote down my opinion and agree with @huddysmacked in most of the things, I feel much better :)))
over a year ago Delia_Beatrice said…
I had this picture in my mind all day long (while entertaining 50 people - my son's birthday was celebrated the grand way...): after everything ends, House is so devastated by whatever tragedy he witnessed, that he smashes the mirror and the wall and takes many Vicodins, and while he's lying there on the floor of his bathroom, in shock, drugged and desperate, Cuddy enters the appartment (it's very likely that she knows how hurt he is, both emotionally and physically, and comes looking for him), finds him like that and she helps him get up, takes his clothes off and washes the blood and dirt off of him, then puts him to bed (both fully clothed, this is not sexual) and the last image is House asleep in her lap, her caressing his face and crying.

I think it would be a very logical simetry if she did save him this year. Last year, he hallucinated her as his savior, who makes everything right in his life. It cannot be like that - he would be back on Vicodin and his life would be very complicated again, and she would still have the Lucas situation to deal with, but she would come and she would save him from whatever horrible thing he's contemplating there on the floor (i'm sorry, but suicide seems like something he might consider...:). It would be symetrical, poetic and fair. And it would be logical that a very significant Huddy scene happens in that bathroom - where he hallucinated her last year and where he gave the little morning Christmas smile the day after...

The time frame - weeeee, that's a tough one... If i am in any way right, if the season finale ends with a major emotional sensational Huddy scene, then i would HATE a time lapse of months between seasons. I would want to see it all - Cuddy picking up the broken pieces of House and bringing him back to life, while dealing with her own issues, Lucas, Rachel and all.
But if the season ends badly (if the engagement isn't off, if she doesn't help him, if House on the floor, covered in blood, is the last thing we see), then hell yeah. I want a whole year break between seasons, because i just can't take it, seeing this superb, brave, good man like that.

But it can't be, can it? It can't. The episode that has the favourite Huddy scene of two major Huddy fans like Lisa and Aussiello (he has a lot of sins, but he loves Huddy) cannot end in a complete disaster! Something's gotta give.
over a year ago LizzieE01 said…
@HuddyJoy0524 and all other interested Huddies, the websites for the Huddy clips are as follows:
link Season 1
Z9G94RKI 2
0YPMGOKO 3
1SA6B74A 4
B4S63QLA 5 KAYEFULJ is a separate file for the Last Resort (don't know why it's separate) but the rest of the megaupload address is the same. Make sure that you differentiate between the numeric zero and the alpha O. The above info was buried in a comment on the iwatchforcuddy site - it's actually a quite a good site for Huddies and tends to have an international flavor. Happy clip watching.
over a year ago HuddyJoy0524 said…
heart
@DB I LOVE that. Very much. I feel like it could be a very plausible scene indeed and the metaphorical aspect of it seems to be exactly wwhat they would put at a time like this. Last year, he wanted her to be his savior. This year she IS.

I think this would also show that season 6 has not been a waste. Soooo many Huddies have been feeling that way and it upsets me because I think its all part of the plan. And the fact that this scene is Lisa's and Aussiellos favorite...wow. Cuz there have been some AMAZING Huddy moments the past 6 seasons.

I think that the season WILL end badly but not in such a terrible horrible way that would make us sob for months. They will give us something to chew on, some morsel of hope or just something so that we know all is not over.

Edit: Thanks @lizzie! :D
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago LizzieE01 said…
Sorry guys - this didn't print the way it looked as I typed - the last digit is the year, not part of the address so I'll try again
(season 1 is right).
link Season 2
link Season 3
link Season 4
link Season 5
link Last Resort

Hope this is readable when I submit.
over a year ago Beatrix8520 said…
heart
Oh @Delia...your scenario would just be perfect. I have pictured it like that myself. And I agree it can't be possibly end so badly. And I agree I will need more than 3 months to recover from a season 5 finale remake. I just hope most strongly it won't be the case.

I can't wait for Baggage...my boyfried will be visiting me next week, so I'll watch the season finale with him on Tuesday morning...I really can't wait for him to leave on Thursaday to find out what happens, but I not sure it's healthy for our relationship for him to find out how much emotionally involved I can be XD

This season has caused me a strange mix of emotions...some times I have felt thrilled, some others I have felt depressed and hopeless...some eps have been dim and blue....some others have left with a huge sense of hope....I will never forget the end of Wilson and the sense of confidence I experience when House said half smiling those "baby steps" =,) I don't know....it just made me think that maybe the season would have a turning point soon enough. And now we are waiting, apparently, for the sweetest and maybe the most powerful (and so devasting) Huddy moment ever...
over a year ago Mrs_House said…
i think that cuddy said yes because she was scared and worried that if she said no that her "secret(her love for house)" would be out as lucas would want an reason. she is worried that house won't be the dad that rachel needs and that if she says no that house will curl up and not show his emotions even then. she is proberly also worried that if she tries a relationship with house and it fails then their is no-one for her.

i am going to watch the last 2 eps with an open mind and with excitment as it looks like season 6 is going to finnish with a bang that's for sure. huddy or no huddy final i will still watch next season to keep waiting for the moment that two people however screwed up admit they love each other and have a relationship full of passion, wit and love.
over a year ago Mrs_House said…
LATEST SPOILER!! it is giving me hope.

"Cuddy witnesses something House does (and says) at close range. It moves her to tears (me too). There are no more words exchanged by them during the episode, but several very significant-looking looks. I have not seen the final minute or so (no one has), so I don’t know what (or if) it plays into the final moments of the episodes. I wish I could tell you more; I just can’t violate my Fox credentials. Hope that helps. I hope this is a significant enough bit of intel . It’s the best I can do. "

i wonder what it is she see's/hear's him do. any ideas?
over a year ago mysuspicionis said…
smile
@DB and B: We are all such romantics. :) I pictured the Cuddy saving, asleep in bed scenario too! Or House waking up, cleaned up and in bed and then walking into the living room to see Cuddy asleep on the lounge thing. The David Shore "eventually" is going to be very comforting to keep in mind over the next couple of weeks. Actually if worst case scenarios happen then their is a better chance that they will end up together in the end. Everytime I watch an interview and Lisa E says "oh it will never work out" it's depressing.
heart
Barbara's spoiler sounds very promising...=,)
surprise
@MrsHouse maybe he is sharing with an injured person his love for Cuddy? Saying how he cares about her so much and regrets deeply that he let her go and didnt go after her when he had the chance? Then she sees this and realizes just how much he does love her. That would be BIG.

But i also hope that there is actually a moment shared BETWEEN them. Because I think thats even more significant. I'm so pumped!!!!! I cant wait for Baggage and Help Me!!! ;)
sunny
Hey, Huddies!
I'm so excited about tonights episode! Usually I download it Tuesday morning (you know because of the different timezones) and watch it during the day. But tomorrow I have to get up at 7 AM because I go back to the university. Which means if I'd like to watch the ep during the bus-drive I have to wake up at 6 AM or so, download it and put it on my laptop. And now I realized that next week (SEASON FINALE!!!) I'll have the same problem, furthermore I have to get up earlier.
Oh man, life sucks. But it's House season finale so I'm willing to sacrifice few hours of sleep :)) I hope it will worth it!
I hear you @PC....I'll be up and ready tomorrow at 7 to download it, but my friends are here visiting from Italy, so I guess I'll have to postpone my private view to 3 pm...yeah, life sucks :P I am gonna lose the best around here....I already feel out of the post-ep-frenzy-commenting loop. Damn it!
heart
Sometimes it's very stressful and tiring to be a Huddy.
But it's worth it! ;)
Well I guess...in the long run XD

We have got two kisses so far...both of them some of the most breathtaking and intoxicating television moments I have ever watched.
Lots of memorable memories: banters, inapropiate jokes, flirting smiles and heartbreaking glances...sparks and arrows =,) It's been a good 6 years...

Could we now get to the part we get it all and end up sitting on the couch totally satisfied having a damn cigarette? XD :PP
Oh my God! Are you serious? I ALWAYA (literally every single House night) wake up at 4 to watch it live. All the more so tonight and next week!

That spoiler was from Barbara???? Really????? I thought it was random.
Well, i kinda hoped it's not true. Because i have the hope of a lot of Huddy - since they are both trapped in that dramatic situation - and them not exchanging any words makes me worry.

Perhaps the last undisclosed minute holds a major twist? Perhaps the twist we've all been playing in our heads? Will she finally save him? Jesus, mother and all children, i hope so...
But WHERE??? Where do you watch it live??? On the internet??? XD

Anyway @DB I'd love to do so, but I have a project to hand in tomorrow afternoon and I need to rest to finish it in the morning...besides every morning I have classes so it would be sort of crazy to wake up in the middle of the night to watch House XD But I admire your tenace and enthusiasm...I woulnd't last 30 mintues if I'd do so myself..and your a mother too XD Duracell Woman :P
I am a very excessive person, and i am capable of anything for the things i really, really, really love. My son, my husband and House do qualify:))))))))))) The amount of coffee i need to drink every Tuesday is huge, and if it hurts me, i hope i can find a good doctor:))

I have a satellite antenna or whatever the hell it's called and i can set it to catch Fox. It's a bit tricky, but i can make the effort for House. I don't watch anything else though.

It didn't work a few times and i downloaded it from the internet (it gets posted almost immediately after it ends in the US), but i don't do so lightheartedly, because i am really big on copyright and i am against downloading stuff for free on the web. But what the hell could i have done, awake at 4 am and unable to set the damn antenna?... It's only been a couple of times this season, but i'm still embarassed about it.

I am so excited about tonight, i don't even think i can sleep till House airs... My God, i hope with all my heart it won't be completely bad... It makes so much sense, a sensational Huddy season in S5 and a tragic ending, and a tragic Huddy season in S6 with a sensational Huddy ending...
"i am really big on copyright and i am against downloading stuff for free on the web"
Yeah, you're right. Also in my country House is on a free tv-channel, so I watch it free anyway. They are already showing the Season 6 episodes (this Wednesday 'Wilson' is coming) and I'm very proud of it but having an internet access and the capability to download the episodes right after the airing in the USA - well, it's to tempting. However I don't sell home-made House-dvd-s or something like that :))
wink
Well if I could chose I would certainly do it legally but since in my country every year they catch up with the amaerican airdates till the middle of the season and they just drop it for six months...you'd understand last year it was the last drop. I mean, you can't cut the season off in the middle after The Itch...that's just the cruelest heartless thing you could do XD That was when I decided I had enough of Italian TV and I started also discovering House is far more funny and enjoyable in English than dubbed :P
"I mean, you can't cut the season off in the middle after The Itch"

@Bea, do you know what they did in my country? They cut off the season after Under My Skin!!! Now how cruel is THAT??? And for 3 or 4 months no new episode. That was the last drop for me. I already saw UMS and BSN at that point but I was very upset because there are fans who can't or don't want to download the newest episodes and you can't do something like that with them.
Plus the Hungarian dubbing is great (especially House's voice actor) so I like to watch the episodes in my mother tongue. But sometimes they really screw up the titles. For example they changed "Broken" to "Decadence" and IMO the two words are not the same...
over a year ago huddydreamer said…
@pc...you wanna know,into what they changed "Broken" in my language? "einer flog über's Kuckucksnest" :D
@hd
Nooooooooooo... Oder besser gesagt: neeeeeeein... :D :D :D
(for the English speaking people here it's "One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest")
cloudy
I was thinking about the Barbara spoiler today. I was of the same opinion DB--on one hand, no more words till the end of the episode? On the other hand--they're keeping the last minute a secret, so that feeds into our theories that Cuddy may show up. Bad scenario: Last minute Cuddy tells Lucas she needs more time and made a mistake getting engaged, and we close on House laying on his bathroom floor, or him contemplating vicodin and/or suicide in a cliffhanger all summer :P
sunny
@PC HD and Bea That really sucks that you guys have to go through all of that in order to see a House episode! I know that in the fall of 2011 im planning on studying abroad at my college in Europe and if House is still on its going to be hard for me to see the episodes too! :0

@mysus Lisa and Aussiello said tht there favorite Huddy scene is in the season finale. This HAS to mean that there is a shared moment between them. It wouldnt make sense if there isnt the component where they interact. And if they are keeping the last couple mintues copletely secret then that means something big is going to happen in some way.

I'm trying to be very optimistic i dont think i could take another season 5 like finale where they fool us!
worried
***NEW SPOILER ALERT***

So apparently Cuddy is going to say something really harsh to House at some point in "Help Me." That really worries me. Is there really a scene in the season finale that is Lisa E's favorite or are we going to get jipped again? Is she going to say something terrible to him and then we get left with just that?

This would upset me so so much :((
I saw this a little while ago too HJ. Supposedly she says 4 words to him that would upset anyone. Remember no one has seen the last minute(s) of the episode though.
heart
Thats very true...we have to hold out hope! If she says something to him there has to be a scene that counteracts it somewhere. They cant devastate us again they just cant.
over a year ago Belle0308 said…
Hey Everyone!

Ok, with the engagement thing, I know lots of people who have been engaged and then not married the person they were engaged to. First of all, if she says “Yes” it is because she truly believes that she wants normal and that isn’t happening with House.

I guess I have no feeling what-so-ever that Cuddy will marry Lucas. Deep down, all girls want the White Knight to show up at the last moment and save them from a fate worse than death.

I don’t think that Cuddy will actually marry Lucas also because too many holes, too many things lacking, not enough crazy and in short, not enough of House. She only thinks she is doing the right thing.

@Bea…everything that you said is pretty much how I feel. The marriage won’t happen. I think we will end the season with House feeling horrible and no conclusion to Lucas/Cuddy. That is the end of the season and so we have a “cliff hanger”. Amazing that we would agree so much…huh?...lol.

In House’s mind, Cuddy is worried about him and wants Wilson to take care of him so she doesn’t have to. He thinks they talk about them. In House’s mind we see again that the most important people to him and in his life are Cuddy and Wilson.

I wanted to comment on everyone’s posts, but then I just watched “Baggage” and damn…I am at a loss for words. The nerve was hit, the cause was found and the cause is Cuddy. The part about the book….OMG!!

Here are my thoughts before the finale. Dr. Nolan hit the nail on the head. The problem is, what House said about “Why would I be upset about a woman I am not even with moving in with someone?” (something like that) is true. He can’t figure out why he feels this way because he can’t understand that he is in love. Just like he bought a seriously expensive book he has been holding on to so he could give it to her for a special occasion. Did it ever cross his mind he should just stop waiting and give it to her?

House might begin to realize what the issue is and what his feelings are, but I don’t think that will happen next week. Also I think that Cuddy is going to move further away before moving closer to him. The reason lies in the POTW and her husband. House knew that they husband had to woo her again. He knew last week what Taub had to do to mend his marriage. House KNOWS what needs to be done, but sometimes it takes a while to get there. If he really puts his mind to it, Cuddy will give in. I just don’t think that will happen yet. In fact, I think I am fairly sure that next week will end sadly.

I still think that even though this season will end sadly for our favorite couple, I do believe after tonight’s episode that Huddy will be addressed more fully next season.

Sounds like a downer, but really I think it is good news. ; ) Anything is better than nothing.
Most of this season there was nothing about Huddy at all. It's time for something, even if it's harsh.
@Belle I completely agree with you.

Baggage was a great episode. I LOVED how they used the idea of Nolan and House telling their ideas of how Cuddy and Wilson were talking, and they broke the illusion barriers by sitting in Cuddys office, standing outside the patients door, everything.

But I was waiting and waiting for the Huddy thing to be addressed. Everytime Nolan brought up Wilson I knew that there was something else beneath the surface there: Cuddy. Like @Belle said I dont think that House knows he is in love with her. And it wasnt until the end of the episode when Nolan started prying that House got upset and left. It was the Cuddy thing that hes avoiding and is getting to him.

I think whats going to happen next week is they are going to get to the wreckage of the crane. House and Cuddy will start arguing like normal and it will somehow get to their relationship. She will say something nasty (of course she wont mean it!) or she will think she means it at the time. she will say something like i dont love you or you lost your chance. then house does something really really dangerous because he doesnt care anymore. he will be hurt but cuddy and house will share a moment.

i think that this episode will end sadly but there will be something that leaves us hanging. that lets us know that huddy isnt over its just getting started.
I don't think for a second that he doesn't know he loves her. I think he has known he loves her for a long time (holding on to the book for so long - this is such a BIG indicator that Huddy has existed forever) and he has spent this whole year trying to cope that love for her with the effort to accept that she's moved away from him. It's the way he understood to play on his love this year - because he was too vulnerable and too scared to make a real attempt at letting her know how he feels and take the major chance with her. So, he just did "the adult thing to do", he tried to let her live her life and try to be happy - it's crazy, really, and it shows how much of a child he is and how scared he is.

So he didn't want to touch the too delicate subject of Cuddy - not even with his therapist. He was even reluctant to talk about Wilson. Cuddy is blocked deep in his mind - the amount of emotion that lies there is too overwhelming to release it: guilt, sorrow, pain, fear, self punishment, self pity, and above all, love and need and desperation. He wasn't willing to open the door towards all of this, but he is aware of it on a deep level.

However, i agree with Belle that House and Cuddy are still at a million miles away from eachother emotionally. It's hard to say what she'd do if he actually laid his heart on the table for real, how she'd respond to "i love you". But he doesn't seem likely to say it... Perhaps in the dramatic and boundary wiping scenes of next ep...
over a year ago LipschitzWrath said…
*****General Spoilery Below*****

After watching Baggage, only two words came to mind:

"Uh oh!"

He's got that crazy look in his eye. I've been wondering for a couple weeks now if he was going to bring up the defeated attitude. He's been attending therapy, making positive changes in his life, trying to be mature, and yet, everyone ELSE is making progress in their lives. House is stuck.

Boy, I can relate. How helpless he must feel. And god, I don't think people understand the gravity of the statement he made near the end:

"When I first came to you, I told you that I wanted to be happy. That I'd follow your advice. Instead, I'm just miserable."

So it comes out! He wanted to be happy! But it isn't working for him. And he's given it a year. He feels utterly defeated. Now, he's probably operating under the assumption that his behavior and attitude make exactly ZERO difference in his life's outcome. And that, my friends, is a VERY dangerous mindset.

I would not be the least bit surprised if the absolute worst happens. Not to be a pessimist, but given House's current state of mind, he is capable of anything. Vicodin, suicide, reckless behavior - all possibilities. Possibilities because he really doesn't give a shit anymore. He feels like he doesn't have anything to live for right now.

I can't say I blame him. His best friend chose some floozy (ex-floozy, to be precise) over him and the love of his life is taking steps in her life that are moving AWAY from House. I now understand what the spoilers meant when they said that we see House in a position we've never seen before. Next episode is going to be EPIC, but I'm not holding my breath for anything even remotely resembling a happy ending...
<<<Now, he's probably operating under the assumption that his behavior and attitude make exactly ZERO difference in his life's outcome. And that, my friends, is a VERY dangerous mindset.>>>

You made a really important point there @LW. This really DOES leave House in a state that hes never been in before. At least in the end of the season 5 finale, he had Cuddy and Wilson for him. When he was left at Mayfield, thinking things couldnt get worse than they already have...they were at least there for him. Now he's actually really truly alone. They've paired up without him. In the past, when ones dating the others been single and hes always had that assurance.

I wouldnt be surprised either if the meltdown he has at the end of HE is bigger than BSN. I dont know where that will place him or the others for season 7 however, but it will make for a rather crappy ending.

At least we know that things cant get worse. They can only get better. The writers can only have House have so many breakdowns before it becomes redundant and predictable. And Cuddy is going to realize Lucas isnt the right one for her. Things HAVE to get better in season 7 there are no other possibilities left...
I fully agree, LW. I have tears in my eyes when i write, because i actually thought he could get a tiny tiny break and a glimpse of sunshine.

He has done so much this year, he has tried so hard. I fully understand why he feels so down and desperate - if the grand changes he made this year don't make the slightest difference, what the hell is left for him?... So yeah, suicidal i think he is - that bathroom floor scene makes much more sense now. But does somebody come in and save him?...

BIG SPOILER:
The global promo for Help Me shows Cuddy saying a blunt "I don't love you. I don't".
Global promo plus promo no 1: House gets very attached to a woman who gets trapped at the crash site. He doesn't let Cuddy cut off her leg, like she did with his (nearly). Then they are back at the hospital and Cuddy says "don't play with her life just to get back at me". Then it's the "i don't love you" stuff. Then the patient dies and we see House leaving the hospital. Probably going home, where he attempts suicide. Whether he stops or somebody comes and stops him - i don't know.

But i sure have one last grain of hope in my heart that Cuddy wants to retract what she said and comes looking for him. If he attempts suicide because of her, i can honestly say i have no idea what the future of Huddy will be on the show. Damn it, i already hate her for what she said, even though i'm positive House provoked her big time.
Hey, Huddies!
Reading your comments, I already made some thoughts about the season finale but first I will watch the episode before I write down anything...
over a year ago ankcuta said…
no comment, thats words killed me, I don't love you, i don't love you, i don't love you:((
over a year ago bones3 said…
worried
Wow, I'm just really freakin' over the spoilers popping up. I'm excited, scared... And glad to have so many others who feel the same way!!!! I've been SO BORED with Season 6. Now this.
over a year ago huddyislove said…
'I don't love you'

How many more stabs in the hard are we gonna get?
over a year ago wendus92 said…
We all know it's not true. Cuddy's got her feelings mixed up...
blush
I agree @wendus. She can NOT mean that. I think that House is either gong to provoke her or she thinks that hes playing with the patients life because of her. He's done that in the past to get at her but I think this time its different and she doesnt realize that.

I think that House will leave and we'll find him in his room like we did at the beginning of the promo. But Lisa AND Aussiello said their favorite scene is IN THE FINALE. That means that there has to be something there at the end of the episode. There HAS to be.
big smile
Well,
Kristin said that the finale was all House/Cuddy.
So no publicity, is bad publicity :P
if I can apply this term here XDDD

Anyway,
from every Huddy moment, we get something.
Something tops nothing.
Period
Yes @huddyislove. I like the optimism! XD

And the Cuddy and Wilson hate has already started in the House spot. It's pissing me off......
What Cuddy and Wilson hate?
They can all go and screw themselves.

I was glad that House even admitted that he has a 'Cuddy' problem, in Baggage.
That was good.

And Wilson and Cuddy are trying to live,
they can't take care of House for the rest of their lives.

Man, people can be so inconsiderate
hmmm
Yes @huddyislove thats exaclty how i feel. its very possible tht the people were just venting (i found it under the global promo) but it really upset me. They ARE trying to live their lives. House needs attention 24/7 and thats the problem with both of them paired up it means they have less time for him.

But it doesnt mean they love him less. I think that Cuddy and Wilson love House very much and I think that Nolan's interpretation of their discussion in Baggage is more accurate.

And besides did anyone see Cuddys face in the promo when she says "i dont love you." She didnt say it maliciously it was almost like it took all of her to say it, she wasnt happy about saying it. She was almost trying to convince herself..
Hi guys, sorry to show up so late. But I was too busy. Anyway I got time to watch the episode, seen the promos and red your comments, which arte all amazing as always ;)

Can I say wholeheartedly that I did love this one? It was so intense and House centric I didn’t almost believe it. It has been a long time we last get so much about House, his feelings, his personality, issues and concerns…the ep had a wonderful frame, intertwining present and past, facts and assumptions so masterly one could barely catch up with what was going on…I mean, I have been experiencing some sort of detached-attitude lately. I don’t know why but some eps this season sounded to me too wordy giving me the chance to watch them with a more critical and objective eye that I would have normally wanted to; I am that kind of person who likes to totally overwhelmed by the action, incapable of thinking or feeling anything but the “reality” of the screen. And I must say, and I am really happy to admit beyond words, last night episode was amazingly directed, beautifully written and astonishingly acted….Does Hugh get better and better at playing this role or what? I was almost bursting into tears for him when House admitted to Nolan, his voice half trembling, that maybe there was a problem...amazing!

I splitted my comment in parts because it was too long....:P Hope you didn't mind, I did't want to write an article on these things, just to reason with you on a few points.....sorry if it bores you too much :P
Anyway, back to your considerations and to the promos and spoilers, I think you’re all right somehow, even if your opinions apparently disagree slightly. Take @Belle and DB’s….
I believe both of you made a point up there. The same one, actually. Belle is saying House isn’t plainly aware of the nature of his feelings for Cuddy….Delia is saying he has known that all along because otherwise he wouldn’t have done for her all what he has done: the grandfather’s book, the 5 to 9 unselfish-looking-over-her-shoulder-behavi­our­, the desk when she renewed her office….and if he hadn’t valued his feelings as something important he wouldn’t have put the grown-up attitude on and he surely wouldn’t have gone for the straightforward approach to answer her last “on-friend-basis” invite.
However I believe truth stays in the middle. He has just recently consciously discovered (let’s say a year) he has feelings for her….now he knows being friends is the last thing he wants them to be but he has never truly named it in front of him, her, Wilson or anybody else in the world. That puts House at 1st place on the list of “People who are chronically on denial” …a 1st place he obviously deserves to share with Cuddy. Think about it.

Both House and Cuddy have been loving each other for 20 years….I am not talking about that kind of love you just can’t eat, can’t sleep, live with anybody else, have sex with anybody else..I am talking about a relationship which, for better or for worse, have been lasting , with its ups and downs, for more than any other real friendship they have ever had.
There was admiration, friendship and trust (well House is tough on the subject, but let’s just say for now he surely trusted her judgment, discretion and wit more than he trusted any other woman in the whole wide world…that’s something with House); there was attraction and there was amusement; concern and gelousy.

All of that House has simply been dismissing over the years…..

He admired her strength and ability but used to act like those were nothing but exceptions to the rule….she was smart but too annoying for him to actually stay and listen to her all the time (his own paraphrased words)

He felt attracted to her, but dismissed the feeling fo some sort of physical -hormonal scientifically inevitable reaction due to the fact she was a woman and he was a man…

Concern and jealousy….the first one, he always dressed up with some twisted explanation that proved he was being just selfish by apparently helping someone out…the second one he didn’t even admit...

So you see, the man has a history of denial. He does not have a clue what love is really like….all these feelings and reactions he has been having ARE love.

Now he knows he feels something about Cuddy. He knows because he has already exposed himself lots of times:
-he asked her out
-he faced Lucas
-he told him, faking he was drunk, he loves her…

Would say, though, those last words meant almost nothing. He has been suffering and, as we were saying last time, he expected his life to get better….he is waiting for his payback for such a long time (his Karma you see) he is not fed up with that and just want to be the damn happy. But everybody seem to go on with their life, find someone, pair up…except him.

Now do we expect a man, with a history like House being able to admit to himself the only thing that could make him better is the only thing he can’t really have? Hence the denial. He has been deliberately avoiding to name Cuddy the whole psychiatric session because he actually didn’t want to say it out loud….to admit his life is miserable because he has get to a point, once he has realized what love is….what it feels like, he can’t stand to be away from that person…and worse of it (which is what I believe is the subplot of the ep) he seems unable to communicate with her at all lately. It’s like they were speaking two different languages….he says or does something and she doesn’t realize the half of it at all. He feels he is losing her piece by piece, slowly ….and he can’t help but feeling powerless ‘cause he really can’t guess what angle he should attempt….just as the husband had no clue on what he was supposed to do with his amnesic wife.

So you see he does know...but there’s a slightly subtle significant difference between “knowing” and “admitting”….he has dismissed his feelings as something he could put on a dusting corner of his mind and heart as if they were just temporary. He must now accept that they are not. And he must make that clear to Cuddy, trying new angles to win her back.
She is obviously in denial too but, you see, a woman who has been going through that much would struggle until her last breath to hold onto the fact that she has not been loosing months of her life with the wrong guy....just to avoid the fact she has make no real progress. Cuddy changed her life for a reason: she was miserable, she wanted to be taken care of, a father for Rachel, a life of her own....she wanted the fairy tale. If she had given in to him right away, all those months would have looked worthless to her.
She NEEDS to feel and see they are not, both of them, where they were last time...in order to give it a chance.
She NEEDS him to prove to her she is not his saviour or just a whim...

I know, I know…..her words hurts like hell, but her expression was tortured...controlled but tortured, and what was she supposed to do anyway? Throw her arms at him, after any possible horrible thing he had told her and said “Yes, I do love you, ok?” I mean the woman is more in denial than the poor House himself. Besides the trailer showed she was worried he would go back down there once again….which is a plus for me ;)

Any clues on what she could discover him saying that will lead her to tears? I was thinking it could be something related to her grandfather’s book...you know, maybe she eavesdrops him telling someone else, maybe a dying patient…..

I am optimistic for the finale. I think they’ll let us see a glimpse of light after all…..well…..a glimpse is better than an hallucination, isn’t it?
Wow, this has to be an intense episode!
I couldn't watch it yet because I have an exam tomorrow (Media and Modernity: Paradigms in Media History) and I realized today, how much reading has to be done... I wish I would have more spare time... :((((
rainy
@Bea your response was so long and i read the whole thing :) You are right in so many ways and i feel the same way that you do. i posted an article on the spot hoping to reassure people and maybe you all might like it: link

I think that House might say something to a patient about how he loves Cuddy? Maybe this is AFTER she says i dont love you and then we get a huddy scene at the end? i hope so! lol

@pc good luck on your exam and head back over here when you can! :D
over a year ago takeitorleaveit said…
well said Beatrix! i loved your description of house and cuddy, matches them so well. we all need to stop panicking and just watch the show as it gets all played out.