Huddy Couple Counseling Thread - A Team of Experts at Work :P

HuddyBea posted on Jan 17, 2011 at 09:32PM
What can I say? We are back! :D

And hopefully they'll make it through this other half of the season...or maybe not? :P Who knows, Huddy is unpredictable and common is boring so be ready to the fireworks!!!

PS and I definitely want to have more of this!!!!!!
What can I say? We are back! :D 

And hopefully they'll make it through this other half of the season
last edited on Mar 10, 2011 at 03:18PM

Huddy 2093 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 301-350 of 2093

over a year ago InLoveWithHuddy said…
That would make more sense, yes :)
over a year ago huddyfantatic said…
I dont think he was meaning next weeks ep they are filming 18 atm he is trying to get a rise out of us he needs to get us talking after last nights poor ep dont get me wrong it was good in some partsbut i tend to ignore GY he tends to stir the pot Sorry had to post again as i accidently deleted instead of an edit anyway you get the idea I hope i am wrong but i guess time will tell
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago fran2 said…
Hi :-)
First, I was dazzled by the hotness of Hugh Laurie.
Are we absolutely sure that Mayfield wasn't a beauty-farm????!!!!
I want him naked, clothes are overrated.
*end of digression*

I really enjoyed the episode. I have found many connections with the past, present and future of House and Huddy.
And the last song "How to fight loneliness", while we were shown the relationships between various couples, or (trying to express my feeling better) between "two entities", connected on their own and uncommon way. Perfect and moving. We have witnessed a moment in everyone's life, a photograph of a transition. I think I'll go, later, into these thoughts hoping not to bore you too much. This time I decided to limit myself to a few words because I am afraid to have you bored enough with my last comments. Sorry, but sometimes I am too much talkative and long-winded (like Woodstock with Snoopy).
Hi :-)
First, I was dazzled by the hotness of Hugh Laurie. 
Are we absolutely sure that Mayfield wasn
over a year ago HuddyJoy0524 said…
@fran "I want him naked, clothes are overrated."
Amen sister! especially at the end of that scene i was expecting more bare skin but hey, we still got half a season ahead of us for that! xD

"Sorry, but sometimes I am too much talkative and long-winded"

Are you kidding?! Hon, i always look forward to reading what you have to say on here! you are becoming a regular huddy guru! you will NEVER bore me!

@rrennie lol i guess you have a point there. i meant merely that the episode wasn't really Huddy centered in that it was more of a focus on friendship than romance. I think that it demonstrated that House and Cuddy arent just lovers but best friends: the way they interacted with each other was a little like the older seasons (which i appreciated) but more comfortable. and it also showed house's desire for wilson to find someone kind of like wilson's desire for house when he and sam dated. i really liked that :)
over a year ago mysuspicionis said…
that was a funny episode, I even enjoyed Taub and Foreman a lot. The whole You can do it!!! psyching up scene followed by the buying the test. House buying Wilson's cat a mouse LOL Remember the Hello Kitty episode "genetically engineered to be delicious"---followed by slurping noises from House. I completely got the same impression as rennie--House closed his eyes peacefully at the end :) The patient was interesting to me because I remember strange things...I forget people's names, things at grocery store etc but I remember things people sitting behind me at school were talking about from years ago, most conversations, things I've read. I will probably forget at least one thing going out the door tomorrow but if you mentioned something from months ago that someone wrote on here I would probably tell you all about it ;)
@mysus our brains and how we store memories are a strange thing...lol
cool
I am excited for next week. I wonder what story/quip House is making up in Two Stories (like in the Three Stories flashback/reality mixed with fiction) with Cuddy in it when the girl says "isn't that sexual harrassment?" Awesome--Cuddy House interactions made up by House!!
over a year ago HuddyBea said…
smile
I just stopped by to give my support to @Fran's desperate plea "Enough small talks and let's get him naked" XD Let's get both of them naked!!! Why I haven't seen House ripping off Cuddy's mini-towel and having wild, steamy sex right on that bed? This show disappoints me...

KIDDING! XD Missing-sex aside I liked the ep! Doesn't make its way up to my top 10 but all in all I would give it a 3 stars out of 5 ;) Loved the POTW and also the subtle parallelism with the way House used to relate to his "gift" and his vicodin addiction. Just as the POTW thought her memory was the only thing that made her special and didn't want to trade it not even to have a chance at happiness, House used to think that, once off Vicodin, he would lose his edge and be completely average and feel empty, whereas what he learned along the way and what he gained has turned out ot be so much more worth it. The last scene just proves us how presciously he values having Cuddy in his life =,)

Those little subtle details are what make this show unique IMO. And also as you pointed out I have found his concern for Wilson and Taub very touching and significant.

Nothing more to add for now except...yeah @Fran I think Mayfield was a Beauty Farm :P
@huddyjoy - dear...a huddy guru????? I can't be that!! because I have always many doubts and few certainties ;-))))

@mysusp - so you have a long-term memory? good to know, we'll use you to remember [H]ouse when we all will be old and decrepit ;-)

@bea - I don't know why but I was sure you would have answered the call by pressing "certain" keys ...XDDDD

So I rewatched the episode (I'm sorry for you! XDDDD ) and all the scenes between House and Wilson were wonderful .... balanced...fully in character ... very funny role reversal .... I love them a lot. I think I couldn't manage the lack of Wilson.

But there are so many lines and connections in this ep.
My reading key to go inside it: indulgence and the damage that the lack of indulgence can lead to people. Indulgence is very different from forgiveness. Being indulgent means knowing that there will always be another opportunity that we offer to ourselves and to others for change, to be different and better. (Cuddy in Unwritten: I like being with you. You make me better. Hopefully, I make you better.)

The parts that made me think about this aspect:

- POTW : Remember things is not the same as understanding things
- POTW’s sister: I know I’m not perfect, but she can be such a bitch...she never ever lets anything go
- Taub to House: this isn’t really about Cuddy, it’s about you. You don’t wanna loose me, I think you care
- POTW to Chase about the sister: No grudge, it’s common sense, it’s simple math…my memories remain the same, my truth never changes because my truth is THE truth. I do forgive when the good things they do outwit the...(bad things)...
- (old) House speaking, obviously expecting to receive an answer that he gave himself since quite a long time: "unlike everybody else, her memory allows her keeping a pure and objective view on people in relationships…without stupid emotions that tarnish her windshield. Why that’s so wrong?"
Masters: because this is making her dying alone
(old memories, House to Wilson: because if you die I’m alone. And during this ep: You are afraid to die alone)
- Taub and Foreman confessing each other their weaknesses, becoming indulgent about their own weaknesses and those of the other one (BTW, I love them together)
- The POTW’s sister who agrees to donate her kidney.
House: did the patient thank her sister? See if she will. She tells that she sees the objective reality so if she doesn’t (thank) it means that she sucks like the rest of us
- Chase to POTW, after the scene between her and her sister after the surgery: I understand now...you are just as many other people, you can’t forgive anyone, you’re focused on bad memories instead of the good
POTW: I’ve no choice
- And obviously the puzzles, the obsession. House and the evidence of the POTW’s glass: it’s a habit that compells you in obsessive way, it’s so bad, it’s a disorder. So we thought about a gift but you were just literally obsessed on your own life.
Chase: it can’t be cured but your many symptoms can be managed with medication.
Wonderful shot of House’s face: "if it can be comforting...everybody dies alone" – pause – "probably it isn’t".
- And later, Chase to the POTW giving her the meds: "I do not believe what House said, and probably he doesn’t believe it anymore" - (IMO Chase has always been, in the team, the best House’s expert) –
POTW: my memory is the only thing that always made me special
Chase: maybe, but if you wanna be special you’re going to be alone.
The patient chooses the treatment.

So, how to fight loneliness? Coming to terms with life.

AND last but not least.............
Cuddy: You feel guilty because Wilson is the one alone and not you? You still think you don’t deserve this.
(House’s eyes, he looks pleasantly surprised, I would say encouraged, by the mere fact that she knows him so well)
Cuddy: Your happiness doesn’t take his (happiness) away, so get your and enjoy it.

At this point I almost regret using the word "Huddy" because this is a wonderful love story between a man and a woman named Gregory House and Lisa Cuddy. The final scene is wonderful: the arm of Cuddy searching House’s body beside her, House who caresses her arm and smiles with touching sweetness. Both with the knowledge that they are two bright twin stars.
May we hope that the writers will not turn them into shooting stars? Posterity will judge.

What do you think?
over a year ago bluehue said…
smile
Hey gang! Nice to see some comments.
(I'll be sure to read thru all & play ketchup..cat soup..CATCH UP..soon).
Hey gang! Nice to see some comments.   
(I'll be sure to read thru all & play ketchup..cat soup..CATC
@Fran and you mean to tell me that after the post you just had youre NOT a Huddy guru? Girrll...i understood the parallels between House, Wilson, Cuddy, his team, and the patient, but you caught stuff i never would have. i completely agree!

its why i enjoyed the episode so much. it was a bit more classic, and heading back to the old days when the medical case was the center and the characters evolved around it. the past few episodes have been emotionally draining due to the Huddy tension, cuddys mom, sam leaving wilson, taub and rachel divorcing...this one was a nice breathe of fresh air i think. :)

@BH i like your charlie brown pic BTW xD
over a year ago tammyr50 said…
I love Charlie Brown!!!!!! You guys are so amazing!!!

@Fran2 -At this point I almost regret using the word "Huddy" because this is a wonderful love story between a man and a woman named Gregory House and Lisa Cuddy.

@Fran I love everything that you said. But the above phrase just epitomizes this relationship. There are no words nor descriptions that could describe how beautiful the evolution of these two are but I have to say you came close. I also agree that I hope that TPTB realize that this relationship could be one of the most amazing in TV history.
They are wondering if we think they should go the distance.
!YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@mysuspicionis - "I loved the interaction with Taub and Foreman."

Chase started off indifferent with the Cuddy and House and as he watches House with Cuddy he gets a renewed faith in love I think. He cares about House but he is keeping his guns close to his vest and not showing that he is watching every move House makes.

@Bea - Just as the POTW thought her memory was the only thing that made her special and didn't want to trade it not even to have a chance at happiness, House used to think that, once off Vicodin, he would lose his edge and be completely average and feel empty, whereas what he learned along the way and what he gained has turned out ot be so much more worth it.

It is the ultimate sacrifice to give up ourself. In order to have gold you must go through the fire and release everything that tarnishes the gold. House and Cuddy have to let go of all their guards and pull down all their walls and allow each other complete access to their life.

@huddyjoy0524 - its why i enjoyed the episode so much. it was a bit more classic, and heading back to the old days when the medical case was the center and the characters evolved around it.

I love the fact they are getting their mojo back. It has helped us as fans get ours back. Cuddy doesn't look so miserable

@rrennie - To me, it was showing an evolution in their relationship.

I normally pay tens of dollars for that analysis @ rrennie. Time for you to start writing again.

laugh
The sexual harrassment/only if you're not good looking remark from the promo reminded me of this picture/quote I found and posted on here a few months ago. Someone put a 30 Rock quote with this image.
The sexual harrassment/only if you're not good looking remark from the promo reminded me of this pict
over a year ago tammyr50 said…
@mysuspicionis - He had a handful didn't he. I never really paid that much attention. You are as eager for the next episode as I am I see.
@mysuspicionis - He had a handful didn't he. I never really paid that much attention. You are as eage
@bea “Those little subtle details are what make this show unique”
Yes, absolutely. And if we want to dig into the... BIGGER .... “details” be sure that I don’t throw myself back ;)

@huddyjoy “heading back to the old days when the medical case was the center and the characters evolved around it”
I've always felt this as the greatest gift I received from House: the ability to spread details, sometimes seemingly insignificant, in order to reconstruct the episode and giving a sense of it all together. A contemporary television series with a cut of Greek Tragedy. Can there be anything more ingenious?

@tammyr “House and Cuddy have to let go of all their guards and pull down all their walls and allow each other complete access to their life.”
The confidence to entrust themselves to each other. It’s so difficult but worth it.

@mysusp “…this picture/quote I found and posted on here a few months ago.”
Please, thank your elephant’s memory on my behalf XDD

-------------------WARNING!--------------­---­---
Here I write a comparison between tragedy and romance attached to House. It's my personal point of view (I could also define it my own mental masturbation… like many other) and I do not expect at all that it could be interesting for everyone. In fact, probably could be pretty heavy to digest. So everyone feels free to read or not. I have written it, as I always do, for personal pleasure to share with those who are interested in doing so. (Always remembering Private Lives: “..when you were first telling me about why you love the Internet, you said that no one has to be alone again. Whoever you are, whatever you love, you can connect with someone. If you want to recreate the Boston Tea Party while dressed as imperial storm troopers, you can find the ten other people in the world that have always wanted to do that.”).

Greek tragedy is a direct representation in which the audience sees with their own eyes the characters each equipped with their own psychological dimension. The tragedy usually begins with a prologue or preliminary discourse that is used to introduce the drama (the scenes in House above the bonds); following the arrival on the scene of the choir (the team taking care of the POTW) and then the true action stage unfolds through the episode. The tragedy ends with the Exodus: a “divine” character is lowered to the scene to resolve the situation when others are no longer exits (the epiphany in House).
Greek tragedies were based essentially on a great conflict: men against gods (“House vs God”).
Another key point of Greek tragedy was the importance of human decision. This is an increasingly problematic, which leads men to the wrong but also to knowledge. Man is free when he has not yet chosen, but soon he makes his choice, instantly killing all the alternatives: each choice is, in this sense, an act of violence (“The Choice”).
The tragedy comes when the viewer discovers that in the theater action he can live another reality, different of his/her own but a reality that however ultimately reveals his/her own reality, through the admonition always present in the tragedy that human life is pain. Man-viewer can support this revelation of his condition only if filtered and reflected in the fiction of the drama, as if to console himself that the drama is not the real thing and therefore his pain comes to be, in a way, exorcised and accepted.
The tragedy is a human story, focusing on an ethical or religious issue, with a dramatic epilogue. The tragedy is expressed primarily as a conflict between desire and destiny, between freedom and necessity: this is the major conflict, that also oppresses every protagonist in Greek tragedy. The man begins to question how effectively his actions are significant and how he manages to have power over the course of events (“A simple explanation”). He concludes that he was not granted an absolute certainty of the future because his actions, although they may be made with a view to an end, not necessarily get it.
The viewers have an active role in the representation of tragedy, in which they identify with and discharge their emotions.
The tragedy does not seek the pleasure of the viewer but instead the audience is emotionally involved in a continuous tension between two poles: the pleasure and the pain. The effect of the tragedy is so immense: the actors and audience are emotionally united (the mechanism that triggers our House-addiction? probably).
The tragedy speaks mainly of man and his problematic existence. Even when we're happy we’re just walking in the air but it’s important to reach a compromise to move forward: to agree is like building a bridge over the river of contradictions. In life there is no definitive solution but this is constantly in danger and it needs to be reconstructed at any time with compromise.
So, quoting the philosopher Jagger “You can’t always get what you want but sometimes if you try…..” :-)

In House two archetypes live together: the tragic hero and the romantic hero.
Until the fifth season, we have witnessed the prevalence of the figure of the tragic hero. House is a tragic hero, in the sense that every action is a bet on the unknown. The tragic hero is one, but his pain is referred to all humanity, his suffering is that anyone can try, his destiny is to every man. House the cursed, the leader of urgent decisions but also the isolated man in his solitude, rich of a profound interiority, torn apart by the evil of living. A man out of the company and its conventions to which fiercely he opposes. The lone rebel who, proud of his spiritual superiority and his strength, contemptuous of mediocrity, rises to challenge each authority, every law, any convention, all limits, to affirm his freedom and individuality. He could be the victim, the one who by his superiority was different from the common humanity, and because of this he is unappreciated and excluded. But he doesn’t express his disdain in dramatic gestures of rebellion, but living his life without ever being really able to translate dreams into action (“Living the dream”), and he expresses the rejection with loneliness, melancholy, sorrowful contemplation of his own impotence and defeat.

Starting from the sixth season, we are shown "House the romantic hero", always living with the tragic hero, but (in the series) this romantic one represents in some ways the evolution of the tragic one.
Benedetto Croce believed that this very inconsolable desire, this "desired evil that is the desire" was/is the practical meaning of romanticism.
In Novalis's thought the spirit of man is the will and freedom. Nature is composed of parts apparently divided, but instead are linked through relationships that allow "magically" to overcome any apparent limit or boundary: live / dead, you / I, past / future. (Selfish: If we are painfully, brutally honest with each other, maybe we'll get lucky again).
In Kant the "sublime" is the feeling you get when you are faced with something that suggests a sense of infinite depth, it causes us feelings of bewilderment and fear, a momentary loss of self which is followed however by a moral building reaction.
(Epitaph on Kant’s tomb: “The starry heavens above me and the moral law within me”)

Romanticism reassesses the feeling: the romantic hero is the one that recognizes the primacy of feeling over reason, which acts according to his instinctual drives, to his emotions, his passions: passion for his friend, for the beloved woman, for the infinity. Every man is different from others because he feels feelings and moods different from others. Everyone, in fact, have private feelings, a specific condition of existence, his own "soul". Desire, though recognized as source of pain, becomes central to the sensitivity of the romantic hero who "wishes to wish."

I think this should be the deeper meaning of House, the series: House needs to continue to experience love and desire, even through all kinds of tribulations, because they are the only feelings that even for a moment make us feel immortal.
mysuspicion sheepishly follows along with her poor American education... Your theme of the tragic hero versus the romantic hero is something I've dwelt upon when trying to predict the ending of the show. Is House destined to be the tragic antihero, the sort whose intellect puts him above the other characters? The story is being told from his viewpoint, his opinions are given as Truth. "Everybody lies, we all die alone, you can't always get what you want." However we have seen his views challenged in Broken, No Reason. "You think a man's life can't be measured by the number of tears shed when he dies." and the fact that genius and happiness can perhaps exist together. I learned about the parts of a drama, inciting incident, rising action, climax, descending action and I think in the series of House that the climax was in House's Head when he admits to himself "I don't want to be miserable, I don't want to be in pain.." I believe that one reason we identify and are so emotionally involved in this story is because as Fran said, we identify all in some part of House's pain. Who has not been discouraged by humanity's attitudes, their actions, or felt that it might be better to be alone? For this reason--House's worldview that has been presented to us, I don't think we can experience catharis (in the drama a feeling of emotional release because the story seems to have ended the right way whether happy or sad) by simply seeing House proved right at the end of the series. Seeing him almost nobley limp away at the end, the storyteller, the truth-speaker would no longer satisfy us as viewers because we want to believe that there are good things as well as logic. Love, happiness, contentment, and above all peace.
From wikipedia (blushes)

The philosopher Aristotle said in his work Poetics that tragedy is characterized by seriousness and dignity and involving a great person who experiences a reversal of fortune (Peripeteia). Aristotle's definition can include a change of fortune from bad to good as in the Eumenides, but he says that the change from good to bad as in Oedipus Rex is preferable because this effects pity and fear within the spectators. Tragedy results in a catharsis (emotional cleansing) or healing for the audience through their experience of these emotions in response to the suffering of the characters in the drama. (House and his leg)

According to Aristotle, "the structure of the best tragedy should be not simple but complex and one that represents incidents arousing fear and pity--for that is peculiar to this form of art."[24] This reversal of fortune must be caused by the tragic hero's hamartia, which is often mistranslated as a character flaw, but is more correctly translated as a mistake (since the original Greek etymology traces back to hamartanein, a sporting term that refers to an archer or spear-thrower missing his target).[25] According to Aristotle, "The change to bad fortune which he undergoes is not due to any moral defect or flaw, but a mistake of some kind."[26] The reversal is the inevitable but unforeseen result of some action taken by the hero. It is also a misconception that this reversal can be brought about by a higher power (e.g. the law, the gods, fate, or society), but if a character’s downfall is brought about by an external cause, Aristotle describes this as a misadventure and not a tragedy.[27]

Nolan in Baggage "Where did you screw up?"

In addition, the tragic hero may achieve some revelation or recognition (anagnorisis--"knowing again" or "knowing back" or "knowing throughout") about human fate, destiny, and the will of the gods. Aristotle terms this sort of recognition "a change from ignorance to awareness of a bond of love or hate."

EVERYBODY LIES

In Poetics, Aristotle gave the following definition in ancient Greek of the word "tragedy" (τραγωδία):

@Fran: Your post is amazing...I really don't have the words to describe how intelligent it is. Like the video clip you are a brilliant and interesting professor :) oh my...I accidently clicked the angry icon the first time somehow ROFL...I am so glad I saw that....I promise you I am not angry that you posted such an insightful post...BWHAAAHAAA
cool
BTW: The new House promo uses the Cuddy by the elevator grab. Who's been sneaking in here using our material??? LOL
mischievous
Just posting sth that just popped out on TW....for the sake of worshipping her XD You know how much smitten I'm for the woman LOL

HQ...God...is she a Godess or what? XD
Just posting sth that just popped out on TW....for the sake of worshipping her XD You know how much s
mischievous
But just so @Fran can enjoy from her hetorosexuality too (not that I've definitely embraced the other side XD I'm still totally straight ,but this woman...she just confuses me :P)

BTW guys I've recently signed in on Tumblr which allows you to share photos and videos and so on...it's like a little community but just for pics, quotes and so on...like a mega-thread. And you can start following people of course, like on TW and they follow you back. Of course my people are all House and Castle fans XD You should see my blog! Jesus it's a delirium of Hughness, Lisiabianism, Huliness and Huddyness...makes m happy juts staring at the archive! XD And it's gonna be the end of me LOL Yesteray a girl started posting the most memorable quotes Hugh spilled along the years....don't you think I HAD to copy and save them all? I was laughing alone for God's sake. My BF came back after a business trip of two days and he found me shaking with laughs sat on my bed XD XD XD

Since there are no threads I keep going to I'll just share some epic pic here, now and then. For instance there are some Huddy gifs...God lord...you've no idea what they can do with that UMS kiss! XD
But just so @Fran can enjoy from her hetorosexuality too (not that I've definitely embraced the other
kiss
Well...for instance I made this one XD You're gonna love it and probably need a cold shower after it! God I love this Tumblr thing!

link

Good morning everyone!!!
heart
@Huddybea AACK! Those images! *drools* Thanks for posting! Those are awesome. :) and the photo of hugh above me is also very sexy. those blue eyes.....oh man those blue eyes......xD

@fran and and once again you guys prove how amazing you are just through a few posts. wow. ive totally never thought that in depth about it and you are so right! i totally agree and wish i could come up with stuff like that! and @mysus your addition is also perfect. geez. this is like the best forum of people in the whole world!
@mysusp “I think in the series of House that the climax was in House's Head when he admits to himself "I don't want to be miserable, I don't want to be in pain..”..... “because we want to believe that there are good things as well as logic. Love, happiness, contentment, and above all peace.”
*crying* It is curious that we are concentrating on the end of House, we are anticipating the mourning, the separation from House. My grandmother would say "Do not bandage the head before breaking it" and I would love to follow her advice. So I will say that I want to be optimistic because it is true that the premise of the series (the sentencing of pain, loneliness, damnation, etc.) are not the best but, as you say, it is also true that during the seasons, if we look carefully we find small signs of optimism. On the other hand we, after all these long years of suffering, have become the major expert researchers about needles in the haystack - hair in the egg - ingrown nails - ghost pics and so on. And when it seems that things between House and Cuddy are going well we are still led to believe that one swallow doesn’t means that Spring is coming.
And again @mysusp “The reversal is the inevitable but unforeseen result of some action taken by the hero....Nolan in Baggage "Where did you screw up?" “ - beautiful remind!!! Baggage was fantastic...
“Aristotle terms this sort of recognition "a change from ignorance to awareness of a bond of love or hate."
This remember me Ignorance Is Bliss, House (as opposed to POTW) choose knowledge, he prefers to know with certainty that Cuddy and Lucas are together rather than remain in ignorance. *trying to be optimistic, please appreciate my effort*

@bea – IF you are trying to kill me...don’t insist. Your mission is accomplished O_O !!!!! RIP

@huddyjoy “oh man those blue eyes..” - Exactly!!!!! XDDDD

Anyway let’s remember that House is everything and the opposite of everything and at the beginning of the Pilot in season one they would have to write "Before you swallow the pill please read the instructions, the drug could cause serious harm to health."

You know, prevention is better than cure ;-)))
@mysusp  “I think in the series of House that the climax was in House's Head when he admits to hims
heart
Prolific @fran, I'm just now posting "Part 1" of my comments...and now I've fallen farther behind..ha, just kidding.
Well..If not too late..I meant to comment on a few comments from this week.
As always, I enjoy reading everyone, such a great little group of fans.

@rennie, I liked your positive view of the epi & it is a healthy state of mind to be able to appreciate, “the little things.”
@TLH, “House happy & content next to his sleeping beauty,” made me smile.
@mysusp, Because of your comment, I’ve been hearing House make that “tongue tasty” yum-yum sound effect. in my head all week..referring to "genetically engineered to be delicious,” mouse snack.
@HudJoy, Ha..not fair..bc what the heck do I know..but, I think you will be a great lawyer..with your sense of reason..logic..and ability to focus on what is most essential..practical. That aside..forgive me, I agree this episode did go back to a familiar classic formula..timing..etc.
@tammy, I really loBed! your recent Huddy Valentine of sorts..your fanfic - “Family.”

Way Off subject..but @fran’s YouTube vid made me...girl scream...I LOVE Jeff Bridges..he’s “my acting dude” of choice. I saw True Grit during Christmas week..and was in heaven, listening to the English language...spoken that-a-way. It was awesome, & I’m rooting for that film to win the gold statue. (Not fair tho, bc haven’t seen others nominated).

To be continued..tomorrow..after reading your longer, "academic" postings, along with Miss @Bea. My head will explode if I try to comprehend..today. LOL.
Prolific @fran, I'm just now posting "Part 1" of my comments...and now I've fallen farther behind..ha
big smile
I'll keep blowing your minds since I'm studying. No academic posts for me for now :P

@BH there's nothing to comprehend in my posts XD There're quite elemetary in their not-so-hidden message...I WANT THIS MAN!!!!!!!!
I'll keep blowing your minds since I'm studying. No academic posts for me for now :P

@BH there's not
worried
URRGGGHHHH! I am so beyond angry and frustrated right now. My Resident assistant in the dorm i live in is calling an absolutely mandatory hall meeting at 8 on Monday. i wanna shoot her in the face. No one messes with my House time!! I'm gonna miss like the first 10 minutes probably and then im gonna have to jump back in and its just....ugh. if there is 1 thing that you dont do to me its prevent me from watching house. unless something is on fire or someones dying dont. interrupt. my. house!

*sighs* at least i have these gorgeous pics that Bea keeps posting here...maybe if i stare long enough into HL's beautiful blue eyes everything will be ok. *takes deep breaths*
kiss
"if there is 1 thing that you dont do to me its prevent me from watching house"

LMAO! XD Those were the very same words I told my FB the night of the premiere XD I told him "Ok, I'm staying at your place but just so you know, you WON'T say a word, you WON'T breathe, you WON'T do anything that might ruin my Huddy-epic-sex episode, am I been clear?" XD I'm serious...he was like kinda of scary at the flames in my eyes :P

@HuddyJoy...try this one ;) *dies*
"if there is 1 thing that you dont do to me its prevent me from watching house" 

LMAO! XD Those were
@Bea *has to get a mop to clean up the drool* xD this is a really really good one!

" you WON'T say a word, you WON'T breathe, you WON'T do anything that might ruin my Huddy-epic-sex episode, am I been clear?"

haha that sounds about right. if im watching house with other people and they start talking im always like "sssshhhh!" and then they laugh at me, hahaha. and its not like i can tell my RA sorry cant come huddys on! which is MORE frustrating! :'(

@Huddyjoy: download on Amazon on Tuesday. Or hack into amazon's system and get that episode for us on a Monday like we had in Small Sacrifices.
@fran: I have been feeling very optimistic for me of late. I think as you said we have gotten small hints of growth along the way. One of the reasons I loved Rennies post was that she saw the ending of the last episode the way I saw it. The contentment, normalacy of their conversation hanging out on the bed, the slight peaceful smile on his face as he closes his eyes and drifts to sleep. I steel myself for bad news but I believe we have seen progress since House's Head. @Bea: Is your quote on tumblr from the song 2AM...."winter just wasn't my season..."? @Bluehue---my father would want to adopt you if you said you loved True Grit. He tried to get my mother, niece, and I to appreciate it but ummmm not for me.. I do like Cohen brother movies though.
@mysus i should be able to watch everything except for the first 10 min thats why it annoys me cuz its not enough to skip just enough to annoy me! lol but thats wht ill do the next day to watch the parts i missed
hey--2 1/2 minutes of teaser then 3 of commercials...
surprise
true that @mysus! :) Maybe i wont miss so much after all!

p.s. everyone should check out the press release for bombshells:
link

please look at and speculate away! i have a million and one theories now for what it could be. i really dont know if im gonna be able to wait any longer...im getting SO nervous and excited!
smile
@mysusp, Yup, I side with Mr. mysusp the elder..on T-Grit..he must be a little bit eccentric to appreciate such an eccentric Western..so tell him I'd definately buy him a shot of good whiskey & a hunk of cornbread..ha. I just hope the young actress wins something. BTW, 14 yr. old Hailee Steinfeld who played Mattie Ross..followed Hugh Laurie..sitting next to him during recent Leno interview. (Lucky girL).

Just to say..I applaud you @fran & @mysusp for your constructive analysis of (H)ouse as literary form. If not already, I bet the show could be offered up as course study..philosopy, ethics, pop culture even. The actors, LE especially, never fail to praise the writers for creating depth & layers of complexity...in more often than not, well crafted stories. Thanks too, bc it is challenging to look beyond our own (limited) filters and consider the show in other context..to gain even further understanding and meaning.

@fran, I like this line in reference to House & how we may see his character develop accordingly, "The tragedy is expressed primarily as a conflict between desire & destiny,..of man & his problematic existence. Even when we're happy we’re just walking in the air but it’s important to reach a compromise to move forward: to agree is like building a bridge over the river of contradictions. In life there is no definitive solution but this is constantly in danger and it needs to be reconstructed at any time with compromise." Hmmm...what final compromise..pray tell?

@Bea, Thanks for exploring new worlds..bringing us back fresh goodies..pics..eye candy.
I'm rather limited in my social networking skills..as must leave time to commune with the squirrels..feed the birds..walk the dog..etc.. LMAO..at your "warning boyfriend" before "Now What." I hope he was rewarded for good behavior..ha.

I'm having a difficult time..imagining "2 Stories," let alone "Bombshells." I need to just shake my head clear..like an etch-a-sketch..and soon Monday will be here..and new promo too!! Then, maybe I'll get in the mood to speculate.
over a year ago HLforever said…
Hellooooo, haven't been on here in a while.
Argh I couldn't watch the whole ep on Monday. I've only seen the Huddy scenes, which are so incredibly sweet, but taken out of context I don't think I can fully grasp their sweetness.

Moving on though (since you guys have pretty much gotten the in-depth episode analyzation covered [@fran Girl you are crazy. That post about the tragic and romantic heroes was probably one of the best, and most educated, I've ever read. On par with Barbara Barnett's stuff, I would say]), the spoilers are genuinely concerning me. I mean, I know that we should never trust a word that GY says, but even though I really don't like KJ, what she said to Ausiello concerned me. Here's what I got to thinking:

(WARNING: SOME SLIGHTLY SKEPTICAL AND PESSIMISTIC STUFF APPROACHING)

She asked us fans if we really expect Huddy to last forever. Of course, my first instinct was a resounding "YES ARE YOU CRAZY". But afterwards, when I considered her words, I realized that the answer wasn't so clear to me.

As a Huddy, I've realized that a break-up would probably break my heart as much as it would House's and Cuddy's. But now that they've moved forward into serious relationship territory, and seem to be settling down pretty well, I really have trouble seeing the future. Where can they go from here? Marriage? That is one thing that I definitely don't see working out for Huddy. I mean, I don't even think I want them to get married (maybe right before the show ends, but not before). I can't shake the feeling that a marriage would only be accompanied by something really bad. I just can't see anything realistically that involves Huddy being married.

So if they don't get married, where can they go with this relationship? Of course, if this was real life, Huddy could go on for years in the same, comfortable way. But this is a TV show. They have to spice things up, and spice does not involve a couple whose relationship stays the same for two seasons.

That's why, well, I no longer really believe that Huddy can last forever. Do you guys think that they can maintain this relationship until the end of this season, and all the way throughout the next season (which will probably be the last)? At this point, I really don't see it. And that means that there either has to be a break up, or the show has to end pretty soon.

I apologize for being so negative...I really wish that I could be as optimistic as you guys, but these are just my thoughts. The spoilers are pretty cruel, I have to say. Of course, I'm massively excited for Bombshells, but if episode 19 really is the evening before the Huddy marriage...I don't know why, but I would have a really bad feeling about it.

What do you guys think? All faithful Huddyness aside, can you guys realistically see where Huddy is going, and if it can possibly last forever?
over a year ago huddyfantatic said…
ok given the spoilers we have seen ep 15 looks like its legit ep19 I am not sure but they maybe thinking this is the final season (sorry unless they get the business sorted out a fox it looks like that maybe the case hence the marriage spoiler anyway i guess we will find out soon enough
over a year ago IzzyVer said…
*spoiler*
@HLF I'm also worried, mainly because of what is said in the press release for episode 15.
'Cuddy faces sobering news that propels her to reevaluate her priorities' and 'Cuddy remains hopeful that House will be fully present when she needs him most', also casting: Kai Schmoll as Lawyer.

Hugh talked about House thinking about adopting Rachel. I always wondered why House wanted to do that. Maybe Cuddy got a disease that isn't curable or that is going to effect her health long term. In that light I can also see the 'wedding' happening in a later episode...

Well enough negative energy.... But my experience in TV land taught me that there is something about characters being too happy.

Although I think happy Huddy is the best that ever happend to television.... :D:D I can look at them for hours!
Ah crap, now all I can see (if the unlikely possibility of marriage really is true) is that stupid shit in Grey's Anatomy (sorry to all GA fans, but I got kinda sick of that show) when Izzy was going to marry the guy with the heart problem (Denny?), and then he died.

@Izzy I think you just made me realize why I have such a bad feeling about Huddy getting married. If Cuddy really does have an incurable disease, I could see House being so heartbroken and yet still so incurably romantic that he would ask her to marry him. That would actually be the saddest thing in the world.

AHH CUDDY CAN'T DIE. NOOOO. That would be so incredibly cliched. The tragic hero's one true love perishes tragically, leading him to revert back to his tragic ways?

*sigh* This is why I need to stay away from speculating about spoilers.

@Izzy (again) I really agree with what you said though, about TV characters being too happy. It won't last. I mean, GA uses habitual break ups and make ups to kill the time, but I think House writers are above that.

Wait, now I'm legitimately scared that they're going to make Cuddy die. Especially because only Hugh is signed on for Season 8.

Hm, maybe the last season will just be House, and no one else. Well, other people would be in it at times, but it would just be him on his last emotional journey. That would actually be pretty interesting, provided they include a lot of Huddy flashbacks.

Ah, okay, positive thoughts, positive thoughts...
over a year ago maggiemay23 said…
crying
@HLF I think that is interesant, but also kind of sad.I mean if she would die.Then he´s all alone( with Rachel?)That would be too sad.
@bh “I LOVE Jeff Bridges” – me too and I love every single movie by Coen brothers, I haven't watched their T-Grit yet (I only watched the old one with John Wayne)

@bea “I WANT THIS MAN!!!!!!!!” – dear, if it can console you....you are not alone ;-)

@huddyjoy "if there is 1 thing that you dont do to me its prevent me from watching house"
There is a poem by a great Italian poet, Giacomo Leopardi, which is called "the Saturday of the village" and that basically says that the real joy is enclosed in waiting. The metaphor that he uses is: Saturday is the youth, the expectation of the future, hopeful expectation. Sunday is the adult age who brings bitterness and disenchantment, or at least, the confrontation with reality. Beyond the pessimism of Leopardi I believe that in this thought there is a huge part of truth: the waiting for something that we strongly wish makes our heart beat, we can fantasize, it gives us an emotional charge that allows us to fully enjoy the long-awaited moment when it arrives.
Did I pull up a little your mood???? XDDDDDDD

@mysusp “One of the reasons I loved Rennies post was that she saw the ending of the last episode the way I saw it. The contentment, normalacy of their conversation hanging out on the bed, the slight peaceful smile on his face as he closes his eyes and drifts to sleep. I steel myself for bad news but I believe we have seen progress since House's Head.”
This is exactly my feeling.

@Hlforever – thanks but you make me feel overrated *embarrassing*

@HLforever - @huddyfantatic - @IzzyVer – about your comments on “SOME SLIGHTLY SKEPTICAL AND PESSIMISTIC STUFF APPROACHING”
Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, you must never forget to take your regular daily dose of pills (Vicodin works fine)
;-)))) (I’m kidding)

Lately I'm not reading all the previews - reviews, and so on, on various blogs and even the spoilers, so I just read your comments about the spoilers and then I don’t know exactly what made you so scared. I am increasingly convinced that through the spoilers they are trying to cheat, to muddy the waters, creating expectations and then disappointing us. Speculation is fine but in small doses and with some foundation. I have a feeling that to find the answers about House’s future we have to look into the past and the present, going to find the little details. House is a puzzle and if it's true that there are some missing pieces (the future episodes) it is also true that many fragments are already “on the table”, probably closed in the various drawers of our memory.
And, always speaking about House’s future, do you remember the episode “You Don't Want to Know” ?
The final dialogue between 13 and House:
13: What the hell is this?
HOUSE: Looks like an envelope with the results of the genetic test for Huntington's inside.
13: Did you look?
HOUSE: I thought it'd be fun to find out together.
13: I don't want to know.
HOUSE: No, you're afraid to know.
13: I might die. So could you, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow. The only difference is you don't have to know about it today, so why should I?
HOUSE: I don't have to know the lottery numbers, but if someone offered them to me, I'd take them.
13: You spend your whole life looking for answers. Because you think the next answer will change something, maybe make you a little less miserable. And you know that when you run out of questions, you don't just run out of answers, you run out of hope. You glad you know that?

Well, I think that this was one of the best and moving dialogue ever. And currently this is my way watching House: I don't want run out of hopes.
@bh “I LOVE Jeff Bridges” – me too and I love every single movie by Coen brothers, I haven't wa
sick
@fran LOL
over a year ago huddycat69 said…
wink
Hey ! I'm back, hello everybody or good night!

@HuddyBea "Let's get both of them naked!!! Why I haven't seen House ripping off Cuddy's mini-towel and having wild, steamy sex right on that bed? This show disappoints me..." I thought the same thing...:))

I love that end-scene : House and Cuddy in her bed, cool, relax, comfortable, and so lovely... I really liked to be at Cuddy's place, Hugh is so sexy! and even more sexy in each new ep, how does he do that?

I liked the duet Foreman/Taub too, really funny and at the same time a lot of strong feelings.

Let's see what next ep shows us
@fran thank you dear that did help some ;) im not freaking as much as i was but you shoulda seen me on friday i was an emotional wreck! haha i just love house too much to miss it!

*dances around and sprinkles HuddyJoyfulness on @HLF and @Izzyver*
I understand you're worried and feeling pessimistic, i worry too. But we have to trust that the writers know what they are doing. i have a feeling that Huddy wont last forever either but we've gotta enjoy it while its here and savor it and if it ends, be appreciative that we got it. i think that if something happens and huddy breaks up, both characters will never be the same again. thats why i think that TPTB are going to be careful.

about this whole wedding business...idk what to think. that could be legit or could be a screwoff laughing at our worry we cant know. as for the cuddy having a terminal illness thing, its plausible, but is it believable? it would be a death wish for the show if she died. her and wilson are essential characters to the mainframe of the show if either left...*shakes head* i think they are just trying to worry us.

so remain hopeful! remember how pessimistic we were last year about the season 6 finale because they were withholding the crucial link that Huddy was getting together?! ;) Stay strong my friends. we shall make it out of this alive.
*sprinkles some more HuddyJoyfulness for good measure*
laugh
@huddyjoy – my pleasure ;-))

@mysusp – the song is perfect XDDD

I don’t know if I have swallowed too many pills but if the writers, as soon as possible, will not offer us a little good old Huddy sex ... I found an alternative: I’m shipping Taub and Foreman ;-))
I'm sure that this couple will not bring me any kind of anxiety, finally a bit of relax!
I want them have sex starting with hot hot hot kisses.......
The only obstacle between them kissing each other could be the length... *hard to avoid thinking about the 17-inch*.... of Taub’s nose XDDDDD
@huddyjoy – my pleasure ;-))

@mysusp – the song is perfect XDDD

I don’t know if I have swallo
big smile
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! House tonight! :D

BTW I loved this stare so much a few eps ago =,)

@Fran! Give give give me Huddex after midnight XD *humming Abba's tune* ;)
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! House tonight! :D

BTW I loved this stare so much a few eps ago =,)

@Fran! Gi
heart
@Huddybea great photo you posted ;) he looks SO happy to see her. very cute.
over a year ago anonymously said…
big smile
Hi!
I'm still flailing!
hope everyone like this week's episode!
xox
big smile
OH MY GOD.
Okay, so in case some of you guys didn't watch the ep live, I won't go into too much detail but...as a Huddy, you HAVE to watch it.

I think that this is my favorite episode of the season. It had sweetness (SPOILER WARNING: I am completely serious: this morning, while being excited for the new episode, I thought "Ah I really wanna see a scene where House is leaving some place and kisses Cuddy goodbye and HOLY CRAP I GOT I AND IT WAS A LONG KISS AND THIS IS ONE OF THE RARE TIMES WHEN HE KISSED HER AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND AND HOLYYYYY CRAP).

Whew, sorry, but in case you couldn't tell I'm absolutely crazy about this episode :)

It was actually perfect. I couldn't stop laughing at some parts, and I couldn't stop screaming soundlessly at the sweetness of some of the Huddy parts.

If we're to go by what DS once said about characters not changing, but just revealing themselves throughout the episodes, then I think this ep really reveals the softer, romantic, and devoted side of House. And, well, excuse my language but fuck. I'm in love with it.

SPOILER WARNING AGAIN
I just need to quote this, because I nearly died when House said it:
"I need her in my life. Do you know what it's like to actually need someone?"
And of course, it's perfectly Housian that he should admit this to someone that he just met, and probably will never see again.

Ahh I can't wait till you guys get on and I can scream about the ep some more. And now I'm even more scared/excited for Bombshells. Two Stories is almost done downloading on my laptop, so I think I'm going to fall asleep tonight while watching the Huddy scenes over and over.

Argh this ep actually makes up for the lack of passionate Huddy sex throughout this season. This is actually better. Basically, my thoughts can be summed up by: FJSJKS;$:&9:&/@jdmdndjk"'nsks­k;;­;;s­kdj­jfj­fDJ­DKS­JD&­amp­;&a­mp;­.

I DON'T THINK I'VE BEEN SO IN LOVE WITH AN EPISODE BEFORE.

I can't stop grinning...like an absolute moron. :D
big smile
Ha..flailing & grinning..that's what I like to hear!
Yea..this episode rocked! (School of Doc). Well..I LOVED it too, the movie cross references & that House got schooled in boy/girl relationships from the 5th graders. He's learning! The sweetest Huddy ending!!
Now..I must go brush brush teeth & off to sleep. Later.
Ha..flailing & grinning..that's what I like to hear!
Yea..this episode rocked!  (School of Doc). Well