1. The title of the original Pirates movie was just Pirates Of The Caribbean but the name was changed to Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl in case it did well enough at the box office to merit a sequel.
2. The second and third Pirates Of The Caribbean movies (Dead Man’s Chest and At World’s End) were shot back-to-back.
3. The whole series is inspired by a popular Walt Disney theme park ride of the same name.
4. Filming for At World’s End started without a finished script.
5. Johnny Depp based the character of Captain Jack Sparrow on Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards.
6. Having been unable to appear in Dead Man’s Chest due to touring commitments Keith Richards finally gets his cameo in At World’s End as Jack Sparrow's father.
7. The first cut of At World’s End was over 3 hours long.
8. The initial concept of At World’s End’s grand finale of two ships battling in a whirlpool was drawn on a napkin.
9. When returning from a night shoot during the filming the original Pirates movie Kiera Knightley’s boat hit a reef and sank. The three people on board, Knightley, her mother and the boat’s captain were unhurt (true story!)
10. Being a pirate is not only illegal but it will also be frowned upon by your parents. A-haaaaaarrrrr!