The Host Why exactly did Jared and Melanie kick Jamie out of the room at the end?

TangoThang posted on May 10, 2011 at 04:39PM
Was it because of personal privacy/ adult content?

The Host 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago pwooden said…
Duh, yeah! The book explains on page 529 "Jamie wasn't so young that they needed to give him any excuse." It's the same reason Jamie found himself new roommates when Ian and Wanda finally hooked up. (page 531).
over a year ago Monrose said…
I don't think so. Early in the book, they discuss this, and Jared is obviously against it due to the risk of Melanie getting pregnant. I don't believe they meant sex, just some alone time. I guess it would've been a bit awkward for Jamie listening to them all night long. They need their privacy as a couple, that's all.
^^And it's certainly not the reason why Wanda and Ian needed to be together.
over a year ago pwooden said…
Read the passages again. Jared said during the same conversation that, had he known, he would have gotten birth control. His objection was her minor age of 17 and the short time they knew each other. By the end of the book Mel was 22, since Jamie's age had gone from 9 to 14. Wanda said she couldn't wait until she and Ian were partners in the truest sense of the word. The only thing they lacked as partners at the time was sex.
over a year ago Kittily said…
i have the same opinion like pwooden!
Aaah, I see! But I still don't think Wanda and Ian will ahve sex anytime soon...
over a year ago Fredrika said…
smile
Monrose. I think you are wrong every couple there are like married for there life.
over a year ago FlightofFantasy said…
You're kidding, right?
over a year ago helomusic said…
angry
Ican understand that Wanda and Ian won't have sex before a long time, I mean the guy is a grown man and she looks like a kid who is younger than Jamie, I'll always pissed of at that, I don't understand why Meyer couldn't let Wanda have a body of someone the same age of Mel, ad just because of her nature of a soul she certainly doesn't need to look frail and trustworthy since the souls are in a society were they don't see the point of lying and all except the Seekers. At some point Ian and Wanda will have the sex but I really think they are waiting her body's 18th birthday. I really think it was a grave mistake that choice of body pff.